Shockwave Treament in Campbell CA.
Shockwave treatment is a safe, effective method of treating a wide variety of issues, including foot problems. It’s used to break up hard deposits in soft tissue. Dr. Douglas Robinson in Campbell, CA, uses shockwave treatment as an important part of regenerative medicine for your ankles, feet, and toes.
What You Need to Know about Shockwave Treatment
Shockwave treatment is also known as Extracorporeal Shockwave therapy, (ESWT) or Radial Shockwave Therapy (RSWT). It uses a pulsating machine that sends out electromagnetic pulses to damaged or painful areas. The pulsating energy penetrates into tissue, promoting repair and regeneration.
Shockwave treatment can be used to:
- Repair stressed tendons, ligaments, and muscles
- Break up hard deposits in your heel, one of the causes of heel pain
- Relieve pain caused by plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendonitis
When you choose shockwave treatment, you will enjoy some important benefits, including:
- Non-invasive treatment, because there is no cutting or damaging of tissue
- Little to no downtime, so you can get back to your day
- Comfortable care, with no need for anesthetic or injections
- Rapid treatment, with each session taking 10 minutes or less
- Convenience, because treatment is on an outpatient basis with no hospital stay
During your shockwave treatment, you will feel a slight pressure for 5 to 7 minutes where the shockwave pulses are focused. There is no discomfort during treatment. After your session, you should notice immediate relief from your symptoms, and you will achieve maximum benefits after 2 to 3 treatments.
Your feet take a beating throughout your life, so if you are suffering from foot, ankle, or toe pain, it’s time to visit your podiatrist. Shockwave treatment can help you and your feet feel better.
Want to Know More?
To find out more about shockwave treatment and how it can help you, call Dr. Douglas Robinson in Campbell, CA.
You can reach him in the office by calling (408)370-3338, so call today.